I am sure everyone had a good time celebrating Christmas and New Year and I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year (better late than never :)).
I have been thinking from past 1 week about what different things I need to do this year and how I can help the SharePoint community in much better way. I have come up with few things which I would like to take up this year and will share at the end of this post.
Recap of 2013
- Migrated my blog from http://moss-solutions.blogspot.in to www.sharepointcolumn.com.
- Received my first Microsoft Community Contributor Award.
- Achieved 5K points in MSDN Forums.
- Extensive work on SharePoint Foundation 2013 at ITC Infotech.
- Privileged to get my first Spot Award for Technical Leadership in the Month of November 2013 at ITC Infotech.
- Bought my first Windows 8 phone i.e. Nokia Lumia 925 and I am just loving it.
- Finally started using Twitter :), I must admit this was long due from my end and believe me it’s very powerful and addictive.
SharePoint Inspirations 2013
I do read a lot of blog posts and the one which I feel might help others have added it to my Column 5 section. Given below are few of them from whom l learnt a lot and are my 2013 inspirations.
- Marc D Anderson – @sympmarc
- Stephane Eyskens – @stephaneeyskens
- Trevor Seward – @NaupliusTrevor
- Waldek Mastykarz – @waldekm
- Wictor Wilen – @wictor
Plans for 2014
Hopefully I will manage to get some time this year and give a try to do things differently.
- Knowledge sharing session @ ITC Infotech and local community events.
- Writing a blog post series.
- Creating videos on SharePoint 2013-2010.
- Achieve 10K points in MSDN Forums and try to retain the Microsoft Community Contributor award – believe me it’s not that easy you need a lot of commitment and time.
- Exploring Yammer , Office Apps & SharePoint Online.
- Back to SP 2013 Enterprise Edition and learn & Implement new features.
- And Off course SharePoint 2013 Certifications.