Here are some of the expected highlights for the SharePoint Area provided by the SharePoint Technical Product Managers:
- Improved Read-only Content Databases
Whenever a content database is marked read-only, all of the site collections in that database are automatically marked as read-only.
- ECM Performance and Manageability Improvements
Improved performance and manageability in variations, including STSADM commands for repairing links between source and target pages.
- Improved Index Rebuild Timer Jobs
SharePoint content databases running in SQL Server 2005 will undergo an automatic index rebuild, which helps stop defragmentation, and stop the database from degrading in performance.
- Upgrade Checker
This will scan your SharePoint farm in advance of applying SP2 and will provide feedback on the environments readiness to upgrade
- Download Service Pack 2 for WSS 3.0
- Download Service Pack 2 for MOSS 2007