- 1. The WSP package cannot deploy files to hive .i.e. file system. The possible option to uses document library to deploy your files
2. We can use Sandboxed Visual WebParts with some limitations while you are developing for Office 365. You need to install the Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Power Tools and use Visual WebPart (Sandboxed) Item Template.
- 3. Performing asynchronous post back cannot be achieved, we may try using JQUERY, I need to explore more on this and will update my post accordingly.
- 4. You cannot use Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly on cloud but this will work when you are developing sandbox for on premise application.
- 6. RSS Reader WebParts doesn’t work on cloud.
- 7. You cannot use Run with Elevated privileges in sand box solution.
- 8. Using resources in sandbox solution is Tricky, which is not feasible while developing solutions for OFFICE 365 or cloud.
Note: Post Updated On August 8 2011